Free meeting room space is available at library branches which may be reserved by nonprofit groups for public meetings up to 90 days in advance.For information about rates, policies and other details of renting larger event space at the library's Viridian Center, visit www.viridiancenter.org.
Library Room Reservation Policy (Summary Only)
1. Priority is given to County library meetings and activities, library co-sponsored activities, Salt Lake County activities and other nonprofit organizations.
2. Nonprofit organizations may reserve rooms up to 90 days in advance of an activity. Inquiries regarding extended reservations may be made through Customer Services
3. Rooms are available from 10:15 a.m. to 8:45 p.m. Monday through Thursday or 10:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
4. All meetings must be open to the public unless closed by a public body in accordance with the Utah Open and Public Meetings Act.
5. The person reserving the room must agree to the terms and conditions of the use of the room. Online applications are considered a valid signature.
6. The individual reserving the room must have a valid library card in good standing and be at least 18 years old. This person will be designated as the responsible party and is legally responsible for any damages or breach of agreement.
7. Reservations will be limited to 24 meetings per year per location for an organization or group. No group may have more than 100 bookings systemwide during the year. No group may book more than four consecutive hours at a library without prior approval from Library Administration. All times scheduled (even if later changed or cancelled) will count toward annual use limits. Failure to cancel (no shows) three or more bookings will result in loss of privileges for the group for one year. Exceptions to these limitations will require the approval of the Library Administration.
8. The library reserves the right to change or alter previously scheduled reservations at its discretion with prior notice to the responsible party to accommodate a group with a higher priority.
9. Meetings held for commercial purposes are prohibited, including organizations whose primary purpose is to sell or solicit names for future sales or business referrals.
10. No admission fees may be solicited or collected at the library. Sale of products or services is not permitted on library property.
1. There is no charge to individuals or groups for meeting room use, however, if the User Responsibilities are not upheld charges may be assessed on the account of the individual who reserved the room.
2. Equipment may be available for a fee. Arrangements can be made through the reserving library.
3. Damage to Library premises or equipment as a result of large meeting room use will be charged to the individual who reserved the room.
1. Group activities and room use cannot interfere with library business. This includes the impact an event will have on availability of parking for regular library business.
2. No food or drink will be allowed in the rooms without library staff permission, with the exception of water in screw-top plastic containers.
3. The library reserves the right to enforce the fire codes, noise limitations or any other rule approved by the Library Board.
4. Setup and cleanup of all tables and chairs, including returning furniture to original locations is the responsibility of the reserving party.
5. All rooms must be vacated 15 minutes before library closing.
6. Salt Lake County Library Services is not responsible for any group’s equipment, materials or personal belongings damaged or stolen.
7. Groups are responsible for complying with the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) and for providing requested accommodations for meetings or programs. A statement regarding the availability of accommodations must be included in all publicity or notices.